I made version A of the pattern with the rolled neckband. I took Jona's advice and folded under 1" on the back fold line at the top to get rid of the droopiness in the back. I also raised the neckline in the front by 1" simply because I want to be able to bent down to tent to my preschooler without worry about showing too much flesh. Overall I am very pleased with the changes.
|Unfortunately I don't have a better picture of the top. Note the neckband.|
When I wear it for the first time while on vacation in San Francisco. I just couldn't seem to get the neckband to sit nicely. And since I was wearing a cardigan, which I usually do, the bump in the back from the neckband was more than a bit annoying.When we got home, my first project was to take out the neckband. Since I didn't use a matching bias tape to bind the neckline, simply leaving out the neckband was not an option.
Here's what I came up with...
I am hoping the pleated raw edges will fray a bit after washing, giving it a softer look.